SIGNAGE FABRICATION COORDINATOR
Start Rate $31.29 per hour (Non-Negotiable Start Rate)
$31.29 to $39.61 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our mission is to champion and deliver mobility solutions which enhance the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. As one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Metrolinx is a diverse and dynamic organization where employees embody our values: Playing as a
Team, Serving with Passion, and Thinking Forward. Join us as we transform the way the region moves.
Our Station Services & Standards office is seeking one (1) Full-time Signage Fabrication Coordinator to provide efficient fabrication of all corporate signage requirements, graphics displays, and visual communication devices in a safe, timely, consistent and cost effective manner while effectively managing the associated materials inventory.
- Fabricating and producing finished signs, graphics, and visual communication products in-house, by means of offices’ power tools, large format printers, and/or computer-aided equipment and substrates/materials inventory.
- Coordinating the production of signage (i.e. procurement and administration), from external privately-owned sign manufacturing companies or contractors for internal Metrolinx stakeholders.
- Developing and recommending signage design standards and procedures pertaining to sign-making design software, related peripherals, equipment and materials.
- Developing, preparing and recommending policies & procedures relating to GO Transit signage manuals and when preparing draft recommendations for projects.
- Researching and recommending new design standards or procedures to conform with up-to-date manufacturing techniques, work place ergonomics and revised regulatory and accessibility requirements related to corporate signage.
Location Station Operations West; 81 Middlefield Rd, Scarborough, ON M1S 5A9
File Number STA00D1
- Knowledge of machine shop, woodworking and graphic art/design principles and practices normally attained through completion a related 2-year college diploma, with exposure to CAD/CAM systems, mechanics of materials and architectural plan interpretation, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience providing a thorough knowledge of the theories and practices of computer-assisted sign design and/or production.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a sign or metal fabrication shop environment with particular emphasis on fabrication and application techniques including CAD/CAM.
- Must have extensive knowledge in the properties and applications of a variety of materials including plastics, metals and wood products.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of and proficiency in the use of various shop tools such as: saws, grinders, drill and punch presses, welders and sanders.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication fundamentals and techniques, as well as, materials used in the production of signage and graphics.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and must meet corporate standard for a good driving record. Must be able to obtain the GO Transit Operator’s Permit.
- Ability to work independently on a number of projects at different stages with in team environment, as well as liaise with external partners.
Please aware that occasional exposure to inclement weather, scaffolds, and climbing as well as regular physical effort is required in the handling and movement of signage inventory and raw materials.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter online, no later than February 16, 2019.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
97 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 1E6