Looking to join a fast-paced, fun and dynamic team?
Miler McConnell Signs is looking for a SIGN PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN. Don’t have experience? Don’t worry, we will train and mentor you.
A Production Technician is an employee whose main responsibility is to efficiently fabricate and finish high quality signage through the use of equipment and tools in the production department.
This individual possesses department knowledge of equipment, materials, processes, standards, timelines, etc.
If you are physically fit and have experience with carpentry and hand tools you may be a great addition to our team!
Of course, personality is key as well. We have a caring and respectful work environment. Our ever-changing schedule requires someone who has a lot of initiative and is flexible. This is a front-line detail-oriented position, dealing directly with our valued clients. You must have a clean appearance and present yourself professionally.
- Departmental organization (equipment, materials, work-in-progress, work orders, etc.)
- Provide accurate status updates to the Senior Production Supervisor regarding projects
- Develop, create, and adhere to processes & procedures
- Participate in managing department inventory
- Update Google docs when necessary: Equipment Maintenance Logs, Purchase Order Log, Order Specific Sheets, Pickups, etc.
- Efficiently operate all department resources, such as: laminator, Keencut, vinyl application/removal tools, drill press, grommet machine, heat welder, paint supplies, bench router, table saw, etc.
- Maintain the operating integrity of department equipment and associated parts
- Assist with installations, deliveries, and pick-ups when necessary.
- Ensure material ordering is from approved sources
- Look for new and/or innovative uses for our technology in signage production
Miller McConnell Signs is a leader in the sign industry. We are committed to excellence in everything we do. We are only looking for the BEST PEOPLE. So, if that is YOU and you meet the criteria listed above, LET’S TALK!
We offer competitive wages and a solid benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Ottawa, ON