Calling all designers AND wrap installers! This year’s Wrap and Design Competition showcases excellence in both design and wrapping using car doors as the subject matter of choice.
There are TWO competitions linked to this annual challenge – design AND wrapping.
Wrap Design Competition Component:
- Designers are asked to submit a design for a car door based on the following criteria:
- Submissions must be received by August 15, 2018 for judging to email@example.com.
- Designers may submit more than one design and they do not have to be members of the Sign Association of Canada.
- A panel of industry judges will determine the winner based on the following criteria:
- Creative concept
- Effectively adapting the Sign Expo Canada logo into the design
- Use of complimentary colours
- Special effects
- The winning designer will be notified in advance and may be asked to modify their design in order to facilitate the wrapping competition.
- The winning design will be wrapped on car doors throughout the Show.
- The winning designer will be recognized at the Wrap Feature area at the Show as well as at the Best of Canada’s Sign Industry Awards Ceremony and on the Sign Association website for one year, in the biweekly Sign Association member eblasts, on social media and in Sign Media Canada.
Door Wrap Competition and Demonstration:
- Using the winning car door design, experts in wrapping will be challenged to wrap a car door on the show floor on the Friday and Saturday.
- Sign Expo Canada will provide the vinyl and wrapping tools.
- A panel of judges will evaluate the wrapping based on:
- The winner of each category will be announced at the Show and featured on the Sign Association website for one year, in the biweekly Sign Association member eblasts, on social media and in Sign Media Canada.