For nearly 30 years, Twilight Signs has been on the leading edge of research and development of new products for our customers across Canada and the US. Located in Bolton, Ontario, Twilight offers an environment where employees focus on positive outcomes and support growth and personal development. Twilight is committed to developing our staff and offers an excellent benefits package for employees.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Designer for immediate hire. The perfect person for this role is a natural problem solver and loves a good challenge, always striving to find better and more efficient designs for Twilight’s many custom fabrications. The desire for strong collaboration with our talented team of fabricators is a must. And although our projects range in complexity, the one common element between them all is a need to have all the details buttoned up and presented clearly and concisely – and that’s where you come in.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Structural Designer, include the following and probably a few more:
- Design and specify components of signage and complete drawings for fabrication & installation
- Complete specifications, details and sections
- Determine LED layouts
- Calculate material usage for aluminum, acrylic, LED, electrical components, and custom signs
- Create material usage layouts to minimize waste
- Create cut files and offset for computerized router
- Establish and enforce quality and standards in drawings, and maintain the good image of the company
- Implement new ideas and methods to contribute to cost reduction, increasing productivity and improving efficiency for the organization
- Create appropriate project documentation, including project and design specifications
- Coach, encourage and support your peers.
- 10 or more years of experience in structural design (sign or construction industry is strongly preferred)
- 3+ years leading teams and/or projects.
- College or University degree in engineering or technical studies
- Exceptional strength in geometry and an understanding of typographic conventions and layouts
- Expert status in Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
People who do well at Twilight are confident and motivated to learn and grow. We like team members who aren’t afraid to ask questions, are friendly and positive, and who approach everything with an “everything is possible” mindset.
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of the work you have completed including the software you used to complete each piece of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only applicants selected to be interviewed, will be contacted.