Workforce development is vital to our industry and a top priority for SAC-ACE. Sign Manufacturing Day is a great way to inspire the next generation of sign professionals. It’s a great opportunity to inform students about the sign industry and all of the interesting jobs that we have available.
Please take a moment to watch this video provided by ISA.
In 2018, the Sign Manufacturing Day (Sign MFG Day) is taking place on Friday, October 5
Building on the huge success last year, the Sign Association of Canada will be partnering with the International Sign Association to bring this opportunity to our members. Last year, over 1,000 students from across United States as well as Canada were engaged and excited and it was a wonderful way to tie what they were learning in the classroom to real life practical experience. It was a great opportunity to share the many exciting and diverse jobs opportunities that exist within the sign and visual communications industry.
Participating company prerequisites
- ISA/Affiliated Association member company – Class 1 members only (as a SAC-ACE Class 1 member you are an affiliated member)
- Close proximity to a middle school, high school, vocational school and/or community college
- Clean with good safety standards
- Large enough to accommodate tours of up to approximately 20
- Innovative, versatile, green, exciting, interesting and/or unique
- Must be able to do the necessary promotion for event, which includes sending out a letter (provided by ISA) inviting local schools to the tour. All communications, such as letters and other materials such as an open house toolkit and infographics, will be provided by ISA
- Provide an engaging tour guide
The International Sign Association has developed a package to help members ensure that the events and outreach to schools will be as successful as possible
- Toolkit: Contains tips for making the event a success, who to contact and suggestions for conducting a successful facility tour.
- Letters: Sample letters for sending to schools and local officials.
- Sign and Visual Communications Fact Sheet: Discusses what an exciting and growing industry the sign and visual communications is with many diverse career opportunities .
- Sign MFG Day Fact Sheet: Highlights from the 2016 event
- Video: We have a great short video that is geared toward students that gives them some information about the industry, jobs that are available, etc. in a fun, lighthearted way. The video can be found here.
For more information on the day and how you can get involved, please connect with Sign Association of Canada office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-856-0000.