Junior Permit Assistant
Permit World Consulting Service Inc. is a rapidly expanding permit consulting firm with extensive experience in the sign industry. We are the sign permit and variance experts in the Canadian market.
This is an entry level full –time position with vast growth potential.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Provide back-up coverage for the Office Manager as required.
- File preparation for new projects.
- Project tracking/ updating with individual Project Managers.
- Manage e-mail for various staff members in their absence.
- Scan & send permits to clients as they are received.
- Assist with preparation & submission of applications to various governing bodies ensuring all relevant information and documentation are provided.
- Ability to interpret by-laws and regulatory codes.
- Ability to identify and research further necessary approvals on a project by project basis.
- Maintain regular communication and updates with clients and the project management team to ensure accuracy of accounting, reporting and timelines.
- Provide the project management team assistance on a wide range of organizational, departmental projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare budgets for new and existing clients estimating project costs and time frames.
- Attendance and presentation in Council & Sign Variance Committee meetings.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Offer bespoke and imaginative solutions to individual projects.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Able to review and interpret architectural and structural drawings.
- Possess excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
- Experience in permitting, building/construction, the sign industry or municipal offices.
- ACAD knowledge
- Customer service/office administrator experience.
37.5 – 40 hours per week – Monday – Friday
Salary $15 – $17/hour
Start Date: end of June – early July 2018
Visit us at www.permitworld.ca
Phone calls will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants but only those candidates who to be selected for an interview will be contacted.