Our growing company has been in the sign industry since 1995. ASAP Signs Inc. is based in Calgary, a member of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Alberta and has been the recipient of the Consumer’s Choice Award for Business Excellence in the Sign category for 15 consecutive years. We are also part of the Alberta Sign Association, the Sign Association of Canada and the International Sign Association. We take pride in our involvement in our community – just as we do with our customers. “Speed and Quality” is our slogan, but client satisfaction is our lifeline.
We are currently looking for a Sign Installer to join our team – Experience is REQUIRED and depending on level of experience, continued training could be provided.
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
- Install and service interior & exterior signs – Illuminated & non-illuminated cabinets, letters and pylons – Flex faces and awnings – Vinyl application etc.
- Working in fabrication shop when required.
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors year round.
- Must have a valid Class 5 drivers license, with Air Brake endorsement considered an asset.
Characteristics & Essential Skills:
- Common Sense
- Communication Skills: reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, problem solving, job task planning and organizing.
- Significant use of memory.
- Must work well with others in a small business environment.
- Must be receptive to direct instructions but still be an independent & creative thinker.
- Good hand eye coordination is very important.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in signage installation
- Mechanical ability is definitely an asset, electric, and ladder/lift work is required daily.
- Experience or knowledge related to the following is beneficial:
- Crane/boom/bucket truck experience.
- Scissor lifts, fork lifts and swing stage experience
- Power and hand tools.
- Basic building construction knowledge.
- Vinyl application skills an asset.
- Basic electric wiring knowledge.
- Work site Safety and/or First Aid training an asset
- This is a full-time position, and we offer competitive wages.
- Guaranteed hours.
- A bonus incentive program is also available for high-performing employees.
If you would like to become a part of our winning team, please send full resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org