CNC Router Programmer and Operator
Our growing company has been in the sign industry since 1995. ASAP Signs Inc. is based in Calgary, a member of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Alberta and has been the recipient of the Consumer’s Choice Award for Business Excellence in the Sign category for 15 consecutive years. We are also part of the Alberta Sign Association, the Sign Association of Canada and the International Sign Association. We take pride in our involvement in our community – just as we do with our customers. “Speed and Quality” is our slogan, but client satisfaction is our lifeline.
We are currently looking for a CNC Router Operator to join our team. We are looking for an individual who wants long-term stability with our company.
- Minimum two years’ experience in CNC Router operation.
- Programming CNC using Toolpath is a mandatory skill for this position.
- An understanding of Flexi, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop considered an asset.
- Sign fabrication experience will be considered a valuable asset
- Forklift operation experience and certification is a preferable skill.
- Preparing files and drawings for production.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic math and practical geometry skills.
- Setting-up tools, attachments, collets and stops and other maintenance of the router and corresponding machinery.
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving, cutting and facing.
- Taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Planning machining by reading work orders, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Reviewing stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; verifying receipt of stock.
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
- This position is physically demanding, with a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling throughout the shift.
- Must be ready and willing to work with a variety of materials.
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting (50lbs, multiple times per day).
Characteristics & Essential Skills:
- Common Sense
- Communication Skills: reading, document use, numeracy, writing and oral communication
- Problem solving, job task planning and organizing
- Must work well with others in a small business environment
- Must be receptive to direct instructions but still be an independent and creative thinker
- Good hand eye coordination is very important
- Understanding of deadlines with excellent time management skills
Compensation ranges depending on related experience, from $19.00 to $24.00 per hour. Currently, we are only seeking candidates with experience.
- This is a full-time position with guaranteed hours
- Competitive wages
- Bonus incentive program is also available for high-performing employees
If you would like to become a part of our winning team, please submit your full resume for immediate consideration to: email@example.com